Panoplosaurus Claw

Jeremy0114

This one is Nodosaur (Panoplosaurus) claw or not?

I don’t make sure about that.Anyone can tell me about this claw?

Thank you 

65331435-C789-4606-9D7F-1F127C1929CF.jpeg

D18364D2-082D-43E0-90B6-AFB91BA4168A.jpeg

BB09D361-9E10-4E24-93FC-C6F76FE6AEB4.jpeg

Do you have a formation and locality where this is from? 

It is not a claw/ungual from any type of Nodosaurid.  

The specimen is full of matrix so its difficult to determine what else it may be.  Needs to be cleaned and higher quality photos taken of all sides.

SPECIES   Panoplosaurus sp.
AGE  Late Cretaceous
LOCATION   Pondera County, Montana
FORMATION  Two Medicine Formation

The seller is famous seller in USA,he can provide certificate of authenticity  about this one, but I am not sure this claw is real or not. 

Thank you.   He may be famous and provide a certificate of authenticity but does he know dinosaur material?   Panoplosaurus is not described from the TMF only the Dinosaur Park Formation of Alberta.   He may be thinking of Edmontonia which is a similar species in the TMF.     

Again the specimen needs to be cleaned up with new photos to try to determine what it is.  Its difficult with the current photos and I would lean against it being one.

There are multiple Ankylosaurids and Nodosaurids in the TMF and even if was a claw it would be very difficult to distinguish between these armored dinosaurs

• I found this Informative 1
  • Enjoyed 1
  • Thank You 1

39 minutes ago, Jeremy0114 said:

The seller is famous seller in USA,he can provide certificate of authenticity  about this one,but I am not sure this claw is real or not. 

Certificates of authenticity are meaningless. There is no international body that vets the authenticity of fossils as such. Authenticity can be determined by paleontologists, but they do not issue certificates; they provide their learned opinions about the specimen. 

Anyone with some software and a laser printer can produce a certificate, but there is no actual value that underpins it. ;) 

• I Agree 3

...How to Philosophize with a Hammer

2 hours ago, Jeremy0114 said:
The seller is famous seller in USA,he can provide certificate of authenticity  about this one,but I am not sure this claw is real or not. 

We do not talk about the sellers here. Only the Fossils. Please remember this for the future.

• I Agree 2

Tim    -  VETERAN SHALE SPLITTER

MOTM.png.61350469b02f439fd4d5d77c2c69da85.png      PaleoPartner.png.30c01982e09b0cc0b7d9d6a7a21f56c6.png.a600039856933851eeea617ca3f2d15f.png     Postmaster1.jpg.900efa599049929531fa81981f028e24.jpg    VFOTM.png.f1b09c78bf88298b009b0da14ef44cf0.png  VFOTM  --- APRIL - 2015  

John Muir ~ ~ ~ ~   ><))))( *>  About Me