Nice baby Ceratopsian tooth?? Wyoming found

WyomingRocks!

Hello, this is a very small tooth that I had a hard time taking pictures of. I need a new camera or phone able to take nice up close pics!! This tooth was found at a site in Wyoming that I am unsure whether it is Lance or Mesa Verde formation wise. Anyway, this tooth is complete and very nice looking. I believe it is Ceratopsian but as to which species I am unsure. You can see the size of it as compared to my finger (sorry, I work with oil based materials and my fingers are stained up!). 

Please let me know what opinions y'all have!

20221025_115351.jpg

20221025_115426.jpg

20221025_115329.jpg

• Enjoyed 1

WyomingRocks!

Stephen

Definitely ceratopsian.  Nice juvie.

1 hour ago, WyomingRocks! said:

this tooth is complete

The crown is almost complete but the tooth is missing the two roots

• Thank You 1

Beautiful little tooth.  Can't say which animal, esp if you are not sure which formation.  I can't blame you for that; the MV and Lance look very similar.   

• Thank You 1

Jpc, this may help in identifying the formation. I find Lissodus, Hybodus (I can't remember the new name for that shark species), crocodile, Myledaphis, gar scales, gar teeth, mammal teeth (at least 3 kinds), various dinosaur teeth there. With the shark and other I am thinking Mesa Verde???

WyomingRocks!

Stephen

19 minutes ago, WyomingRocks! said:

Jpc, this may help in identifying the formation. I find Lissodus, Hybodus (I can't remember the new name for that shark species), crocodile, Myledaphis, gar scales, gar teeth, mammal teeth (at least 3 kinds), various dinosaur teeth there. With the shark and other I am thinking Mesa Verde???

I have to agree.  Sharks like that are found in the Lance, but are quite rare.  I sent you a PM with more thoughts in it.  (I don't want to talk about your site too much in public view). 

• I found this Informative 1
  • Thank You 1