Rain1950

Geodized Brachiopods, Georgetown, Ohio

8 posts in this topic

very nice stuff rain. have you personally collected this site?

beautiful fossils. (nice minerals too)

Brock

Nope. I've spent several years collecting info on sites for my soon-to-be retirement.

Really nice stuff. I have found several brachiopods and specially corals with calcite crystals in them, but not anything as colorful as the ones posted. In Tennessee it is common to find the geodized corals.

I have some very tiny Geodized Brachs in my collection, I always loved fossils that had a crystal surprise.

old thread I know.....but I just got back from that location and had a great day and numerous finds.....I can't suggest this site enough... just look for the whole brachs. We only snagged around 30-40 (wanted to leave some for the next person) and have so far found about 10 geodized. it was a nice location......TIP: look directly to the left or right of any water feature and you will find many....no tools required.

The link does not give any information. Can Ambert can you tell me where this is?

Heading east from Cincinnati on Rte 125. Before you reach the town there is a large roadcut leading down to the river. The right/south side is by far the side to hunt. 

I have found hebertella brachiopods, gastropods, vinlandstrophia/platystophia ponderosas (these at times are geodized) and even a 2 inch flexycalymene trilobite.

The Dry Dredgers hit the site regularly.