Ammonites and belemnites for trade

paleoflor

L.S.,

I recently purchased an old collection of plant fossils. The boxes also contained an odd couple of non-plants, which I would like to offer up for trade. Ideally, I would like to get some plant fossils in return. Photos below, with scale in centimetres at bottom. Disclaimer: The information below is "as received". I cannot guarantee provenance/identifications are 100% correct since these pieces come from an old collection, plus marine beasties are not really my cup of tea...

Kind regards,

Tim

Specimen A: Large plate with several ammonites (Harpoceras sp.?) on a large plate from the Toarcian (Liassic, Jurassic) of Dudelange in Luxembourg

438185882_SpecimenA.thumb.jpg.89269f3ac2f8fea15d9156d60b8e347b.jpg

Specimen B:  Polished section with several belemnites (Dactyloteuthis sp.?) from the Jurassic of the area around Bayreuth in Bavaria, Germany (note: could use a re-polish to bring out the texture better).

439278775_SpecimenB.thumb.jpg.bcc8e6687524c6ba13f702f94efbb68c.jpg

• Enjoyed 1

Searching for green in the dark grey.

On 11/8/2022 at 6:54 PM, paleoflor said:

L.S.,

I recently purchased an old collection of plant fossils. The boxes also contained an odd couple of non-plants, which I would like to offer up for trade. Ideally, I would like to get some plant fossils in return. Photos below, with scale in centimetres at bottom. Disclaimer: The information below is "as received". I cannot guarantee provenance/identifications are 100% correct since these pieces come from an old collection, plus marine beasties are not really my cup of tea...

Kind regards,

Tim

Specimen A: Large plate with several ammonites (Harpoceras sp.?) on a large plate from the Toarcian (Liassic, Jurassic) of Dudelange in Luxembourg

438185882_SpecimenA.thumb.jpg.89269f3ac2f8fea15d9156d60b8e347b.jpg

Nice material

about the Holzmaden-Plate, the left smaller Ammonites are Eleganticeras, the hugher one Dactylioceras. The one on the left side under the shell seems to be Dactylioceras, too

• I found this Informative 1