DId Tyrannosaurus rex have lips?

ChrisMouM

There's a new documentary about dinosaurs (Prehistoric Planet). In this documentary we see a lot of dinosaurs and their appearance is quite different from movies (JW series) one of the most interesting is the Tyrannosaurus rex. 

This is because The T.rex had lips instead of showing cusps of their maxilla teeth.

Actually, I really like the new look. It looks more like an animal than a monster from movies, but i'm very curious why did T.rex have lips? what is their evidence? I'm more interested in the basis for their idea.

Does anyone know which paper has mentioned or discussed and studied this problem? "Did Tyrannosaurus Rex really have lips?"

Thank guys very much for your reply and sharing.

have a lovely day~

微信图片_20221111005324.jpg

• Enjoyed 1

Probably not but I never met one so cannot be sure :) but its still a controversial subject.

Tom Carr noted paleontologist on Tyrannosaurids says the following in an article for Live Science in 2017

"There's no evidence for lips here," said study lead researcher Thomas Carr, a vertebrate paleontologist and an associate professor of biology at Carthage College in Wisconsin. "The flat scales cover the entire side of the snout and go to the tooth row," leaving no room for lips, he said.

Scott Hartman's Blog

https://www.skeletaldrawing.com/home/the-lip-post1