Help identifying fossil

swr10a

Hard to tell from pictures,  if you could take some with plain background it may be more clear, notice how the background is in focus more than the item.

• I found this Informative 1

If not geological maybe a trace fossil?

" We are not separate and independent entities, but like links in a chain, and we could not by any means be what we are without those who went before us and showed us the way. "

Thomas Mann

My Library

Can you tell us what is it's size in centimeters or inches please ? Non american people usually don't know the size of your country's coins.

Edited by fifbrindacier

theme-celtique.png.bbc4d5765974b5daba0607d157eecfed.png.7c09081f292875c94595c562a862958c.png

"On ne voit bien que par le coeur, l'essentiel est invisible pour les yeux." (Antoine de Saint-Exupéry)

"We only well see with the heart, the essential is invisible for the eyes."

In memory of Doren

photo-thumb-12286.jpg.878620deab804c0e4e53f3eab4625b4c.jpg

I think it may be bone....not necessarily identifiable bone... no distinguishing features

Bone.jpg.e5bf02b657ea98eba65ee6bfbbe241e1.jpg

The White Queen  ".... in her youth she could believe "six impossible things before breakfast"

I generally do not keep them...  I run out of room in and around my house

The White Queen  ".... in her youth she could believe "six impossible things before breakfast"

9 hours ago, swr10a said:

Thank you all for helping me out. Not real sure what to do with it now hah

It's up to you.  I kept stuff like this early on, but eventually ran out of space for it.  Now, I generally don't keep them unless I think they can be IDed (by either animal or which bone).  My husband still picks up every little piece of bone he finds (and then I have to make room for it somewhere).  :)

• I Agree 2

Fin Lover

image.png.e69a5608098eeb4cd7d1fc5feb4dad1e.png image.png.e6c66193c1b85b1b775526eb958f72df.png

image.png.7cefa5ccc279142681efa4b7984dc6cb.png

My favorite things about fossil hunting: getting out of my own head, getting into nature and, if I’m lucky, finding some cool souvenirs.

20 minutes ago, Fin Lover said:

It's up to you.  I kept stuff like this early on, but eventually ran out of space for it.  Now, I generally don't keep them unless I think they can be IDed (by either animal or which bone).  My husband still picks up every little piece of bone he finds (and then I have to make room for it somewhere).  :)

I've got a box of cool rocks that my wife found and didn't want to throw away!

Fossils? I dig it. :meg: