Egg in England?

Sullivan Neill

Hi there ! If anyone has any info what this could be as to me looks egg like ? Just very unusual surface to any other rock I’ve seen ! Any feed back would be great! Sullivan (Norfolk England)

image.jpg

image.jpg

Chert nodule I believe. Chert is often largely derived from sponge spicules. Will sort of a sponge maybe do ?

• I Agree 2

Thanks very much for very quick response! That’s interesting I’ll look into that! Cool thanks again!

• JohnJ changed the title to Egg in England?

There could well be chert or flint in there, especially the rounded pieces, but it's not actually a fossil sponge (of which there plenty in the area). It looks like a sort of fine textured septarian nodule in the first photo - detail here - or simply flint in the second. Hard to tell from photos.

image.thumb.jpg.7dd8bd5f4c7c01444d13b5ad89b54906.jpeg.033aefee62a37df952836915bffad6b5.jpeg

Edited by TqB
  • I Agree 2

Tarquin

It's not an egg, can't be. :)

The coat could be chert/flint remain after percussion (the percussion marks are there).

• I Agree 1

" We are not separate and independent entities, but like links in a chain, and we could not by any means be what we are without those who went before us and showed us the way. "

Thomas Mann

My Library