Thoughts on these allosaurus bones in matrix? debating whether it is worth to try prepping the bone.

jacob86795

s-l64.jpeg.203e0be6a9069c41de26aff7b4332d6e.jpegs-l65.jpeg.7e38c09fa82e9f4dffab37d41e04a8fc.jpeg These bones are confirmed to be real allosaurus bones, just wondering if it would be worth it to prepare them although they are not in the greatest condition. 

Edited by jacob86795

Your photos are way too small for us to see anything. Your image provider must offer you a link to see your photos in the correct size.

Coco

----------------------
OUTIL POUR MESURER VOS FOSSILES : ici

Ma bibliothèque PDF 1 (Poissons et sélaciens récents & fossiles) : ici
Ma bibliothèque PDF 2 (Animaux vivants - sans poissons ni sélaciens) : ici
Mâchoires sélaciennes récentes : ici
Hétérodontiques et sélaciens : ici
Oeufs sélaciens récents : ici
Otolithes de poissons récents ! ici

Un Greg...

Badges-IPFOTH.jpg.f4a8635cda47a3cc506743a8aabce700.jpg Badges-MOTM.jpg.461001e1a9db5dc29ca1c07a041a1a86.jpg

PhnI7LF.thumb.jpeg.1b7067b986307971e5aa4007ab8178ea.jpeg here is a larger photo of the bones, which is lighter than the surrounding matrix. 

Edited by jacob86795

My suggestion is to leave them in the matrix and just expose them a little and clean them up.  They are fragments so I think the two together are more interesting than if separated.

will do that then, do you have any suggestions for what vinac I should use once the bones are prepped? Pretty sure I still have some Paraloid B72 and Butvar B76 left over that I can use as there are a lot of cracks. Also it seems to be an arm as the bone on the right seems to be a partial humerus missing its distal end. 

Edited by jacob86795

I use Vinac or B72 but you cannot go wrong with either ones you suggested for your application.  Don't forget to hardened the matrix to keep it from crumbling over time.

4 hours ago, jacob86795 said:

what would you suggest to harden the matrix? 

It is very hard to tell from these phots what the matrix is.  I can't even see the bones.  Many Morrison Fm bones come in matrix that does not need consolidant, but I could give you  better answer with some better photos.