Paleosculp mix your color: does it work proper?

rocket

Some days ago we saw on the website from Paleobond the Paleosculp kit colors.

Fantastic! This is what we are looking for since, hm, end of the dinos perhaps. At the moment we use Apoxy scult, wonderful but has only 2 colors...

What is you experience with Paleosculp kit colors? Does is really work to get the right color when mixing? Is it possible to mix it with more colors (acrylic or other?´)

As we are not in the US we have to order and no european offers it. Before ordering I would be sure to get the right thing

thanks for your input and responds

Hey Rocket.  I've been using a type of antler skulp for my fossils for years.  I'm now using Milliput too.  What I've done to color the putty is I mix in however much of masonry powders.  I mainly use 3 colors of powders.  Black, tan buck and dark brown.   I bought some Milliput because it comes bright white where as the other stuff I use is grey and can not find white in that brand.  Milliput comes in different colors too but adding powders gives you the option of a custom color more to ones liking.  Here is a link to some powder colors used for mixing with putties.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07MMTZTS6/ref=sspa_dk_detail_1?psc=1&pd_rd_i=B07MMTZTS6&pd_rd_w=5jHcd&content-id=amzn1.sym.88097cb9-5064-44ef-891b-abfacbc1c44b&pf_rd_p=88097cb9-5064-44ef-891b-abfacbc1c44b&pf_rd_r=YT4EGE1YGK0X7ZVTB8R0&pd_rd_wg=RC37F&pd_rd_r=da100349-b2b9-4206-a221-658759fb430f&s=industrial&sp_csd=d2lkZ2V0TmFtZT1zcF9kZXRhaWw&spLa=ZW5jcnlwdGVkUXVhbGlmaWVyPUFTWjk5RTkzV1pNVDEmZW5jcnlwdGVkSWQ9QTA3NjI3MDgzMkYyNVVVSE9SNDU1JmVuY3J5cHRlZEFkSWQ9QTA1NzE2MzkxU1RFUkpZOEVXVlhUJndpZGdldE5hbWU9c3BfZGV0YWlsJmFjdGlvbj1jbGlja1JlZGlyZWN0JmRvTm90TG9nQ2xpY2s9dHJ1ZQ==

When I need to add color, I have just relied on my acrylic paints kneaded into the putty. Seems to work well. A LITTLE dab'll do ya. And cheap! 

Edited by minnbuckeye

I mix my Paleosculpt colors and it works well for me, I'm generally not trying for an exact match though.  I try to get close, and then touch up details with paint.

The paleosculpt colors are great, but dont try to use that to perfectly match the existing fossil color.  I assume you want it to match, so get something close and then paint to match.

"There is no shortage of fossils. There is only a shortage of paleontologists to study them." - Larry Martin

We generally don't recommend mixing anything with the PaleoSculp as it could effect the cure and stability of the material.

You can add different amounts of resins to get different shades of colors. Then add an equal amount of hardener (Always 50-50 with resin and hardener).

This will give you a variety of colors as you saw on the color chart.

We usually use acrylic paints to do the final color match to the fossils when we're doing restoration if you want the closest match.

Happy Bonding!