Still_human

Hi there everyone, I just wanted to get some opinions on something. This is supposedly a sauropod transverse process. Can anyone confirm or reject that claim, or just give me your thoughts? It just says “a Jurassic site in Wyoming”, so that could narrow down the potential family/species. I’m sure you can tell it’s apparently the top and bottom of the same bone, just broken and missing a bit in between. Thanks for any and all help! 

F0553F76-3831-4DE5-B928-6FDC78E7366E.png

091A0043-20BA-41D8-A37F-7A711F84DCC9.png

E944FC1C-EF59-4CA1-BB90-5CE36BA5C7E3.png

It certainly COULD be, but it could also be a piece of rib based on that concave area between the thumb and forefinger.  It could be any of many crazy-shaped shafts of bone that make up some of the larger sauropod vertebrae.  I would be wary of anyone trying to ID Morrison bones based on out of focus pictures of bones that really need a lot more prep.  "Jurassic of WY" can narrow it down to 14 different genera of sauropods, assuming it is sauropod, and assuming it is Morrison Fm. , (which is a pretty safe assumption, but a seller should be able to tell you what formation).  

• I found this Informative 1
  • I Agree 1