Priscacara prep

Daveos

Just finished up this 2nd Priscacara prep job from 18" layer. I'm noticing each fish is its own beast, some are in softer stuff and some harder. Did this one between 20 and 30 psi. I keep getting fish that seem to have damage to the tail before they are buried. 

Also picked up a 12v electromagnet on Amazon. Works great for collecting the iron powder. Click it on, collect, click it off.

Screenshot_20221221_153236_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20221221_153225_Gallery.jpg

Edited by Daveos
  • I found this Informative 1
  • Enjoyed 5

Looks great!  I have also found a lot of fish with loss (unhealed predation attempts?) to fins.

• Enjoyed 1

"There is no shortage of fossils. There is only a shortage of paleontologists to study them." - Larry Martin

That looks amazing!!! I can tell you are a natural at prepping, unlike me... 

I like the idea of using an electro magnet. Very good idea.

Thanks for sharing!

Cheers and Shalom,

-Micah

• Enjoyed 1

4 hours ago, fossilhunter21 said:

That looks amazing!!! I can tell you are a natural at prepping, unlike me... 

I like the idea of using an electro magnet. Very good idea.

Thanks for sharing!

Cheers and Shalom,

-Micah

Thanks! The electromagnet really makes life easier. 

Cheers

• I found this Informative 1

I've been having some problems with my problast. It seems the flow rate out of the pen is really inconsistent. I would get spurts, then nothing for a while, then spurts again. It would work great sometimes for 15-20min then start up again. Shaking it a bit seemed to help. The amount of material coming out would really taper off as the reservoir dropped below half full.

I realized the rubber hose they provide that feeds the powder to the pen is quite rubbery. The powder kept getting caught up at the first bend coming out of the glass container. I replaced this hose with some 1/4" black hose that had a slightly larger ID and was a lot more rigid. This resolved all issues and I have much better control now.

This is the stuff I used: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0B3HXJ7C3/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&th=1

Edited by Daveos