Tyrannosaurus rex skeleton

karelchytil

So after Tyrannosaurus Rex WIP thread, i have made some renders.

newboklevy0000.thumb.jpg.44d6dd9fe1a9dbfdc1b31420b6e3ae62.jpg

newfront0000br.jpg

newbokspecular0000bright.jpg

newlookdevsss0000.jpg

ZBrush screen

det.jpg

In Houdini with Karma

karma.jpg

Please tell meif something is a ittle off, i will recreate it.

My sculpting process:

Edited by karelchytil
  • Enjoyed 5

@karelchytil I'm a complete layman when it comes to creating such things, but I must say that I am mightily impressed with your effort! How much time did you need to invest in this, including the necessary research on the shapes of this creature?

• Thank You 1

Greetings from the Lake of Constance. Roger

http://www.steinkern.de/

Very nice and impressive, great job something I cannot fathom to do.

The only item that popped when I first saw it was the number of teeth seemed off.   Typically the maxillary has 12, premaxillary 4 and dentary 12-14 on each side.

• I found this Informative 2

5 hours ago, Troodon said:

Very nice and impressive, great job something I cannot fathom to do.

The only item that popped when I first saw it was the number of teeth seemed off.   Typically the maxillary has 12, premaxillary 4 and dentary 12-14 on each side.

Thanks, i used many references and have to say, i put out some teeth... but to be honest, i have no idea how many teeth that trex has. So thanks. I have to study more

5 hours ago, Ludwigia said:

@karelchytil I'm a complete layman when it comes to creating such things, but I must say that I am mightily impressed with your effort! How much time did you need to invest in this, including the necessary research on the shapes of this creature?

It took so much time, i should do more renders just for deatils or bones. But i dont know how many hours ... one week i worked on it for an hour, sometimes nothing in two weeks, but few months it took. With many breaks. maybe 5 months :) also some recording with FHistory and cameras in ZBrush took time (better to say that setup for sure)

Edited by karelchytil
  • I found this Informative 1

I mainly used these references. Some real bones or skeletons, some prints maybe or toys, manmade also a little.

ref.jpg

• I found this Informative 1

9 minutes ago, Troodon said:

Scott Hartman has some of the best skeletal drawings on dinosaurs.

https://www.skeletaldrawing.com/home/you-should-be-reading-the-tyrannosaur-chronicles5282016

Screenshot_20221227_103835_Chrome.thumb.jpg.bd43e835f91fcd55711397dfb83bf260.jpg

That "gastralia" was a little nightmare for me, because i couldnt find too much resources :) and also in ZBrush i wanted to use some easy way to do it (also with masking and extracting for example (this approach with deformed sphere and painting mask and extracting the mask i used for ribs), or some array and it was really crazy. But i think i used zspheres for it .. i had many different ways and thats pity i dont remember what i used (but gastralia it was crazy :D :D  :)  Thanks a lot

Edited by karelchytil
  • Enjoyed 1