Is it Baryonyx's tooth?

Kim Eun-hyang

This is a tooth fossil found in the Wessex Formation. The size is 1 cm. Could it be Baryonyx's teeth? thank you

1672543773051-1.thumb.jpg.7e1b7eea978923ed50daee34d34f3f9a.jpg1672543773051-0.thumb.jpg.534e7f87816a79a41cb50da0fb070be1.jpg1672543773051-2.thumb.jpg.67c5f11e80bda6e923bb4273df5a1021.jpg

It’s possible to see small beaded serrations and the tooth is so small it’s difficult to get clearer images. 

might be, does Baryonxy appears there? Let me say it like this, it looks similar in shape and does have (what I can count at the left side) the right tips in serration (should have approx. 7 each mm), but some others have the same shape and serration. I think it is a theropod, but only with a tooth it is not easy

Do you know the paper from Steve Hutt and Dave Martill about a possible teeth from there? (Possible baryonychid dinosaur teeth from the Wessex Formation (Lower Creetaceous, Barremian) of the Isle of Wight, England; Proc. of the Geologists´s Association, Vol. 107 (2): 81-84)

(75) Possible baryonychid dinosaur teeth from the Wessex Formation (Lower Cretaceous, Barremian) of the Isle of Wight, England | David Martill - Academia.edu

Possible_baryonychid_dinosaur_teeth_from.pdf

Edited by rocket

I was under the impression that if the tooth has the right general morphology, has beaded serrations, and is from an appropriate locality, if can be ID'ed as baryonychid. In a post months ago, Troodon pointed out that you often should see 6-7 longitudinal ridges or flutes on each side. But I believe his subsequent finding revealed there doesn't have to be fluting:

Fowler: 

"Sometimes fluting is absent from both sides of the crown.  When ridges are not present, they are instead replaced by a flat faceted surface, or just a typically theropodan smooth surface. Teeth lacking fluting tend to be more laterally compressed"

So my hunch is that this tooth can get a baryonychid ID because of the beaded serrations and locality. Perhaps it's more laterally compressed, since I don't see fluting.

Since the tooth does not have vertical ridges a key characteristic to look at is the beaded carinae.  Not sure the photos are adequate to make a proper assessment.  The Lower left appears beaded but would like to see more of the outside carina which is present.  If its beaded at 1 cm hard to assign it to Baryonyx but could be a Baryonychine tooth

No idea,  all I know is whats presented in Fowlers paper that describes Baryonychines teeth.  Guessing because they are isolated teeth and like the KK what else is present, new material is always being discovered.   Collectors and Sellers want names why you see Baryonyx.   Hey its just like the Kem Kem I would not call any tooth Spinosaurus.  Maybe that wrong on Baryonyx