LBI

Unfortunately, this is not likely a tooth. The absence of enamel and lack of resemblance to tooth morphology would seem to rule it out. I would say it is a partially weathered piece of limestone or similar sedimentary rock. 

• I Agree 2

...How to Philosophize with a Hammer

I’m not seeing any tooth here unless I’m missing something. I’m not seeing any tooth enamal or tooth morphology…

LOL! Kane beat me to it by seconds!

Edited by Randyw
  • I Agree 2

Doesn't look organic, even though I understand the likeness of the root-esque formation and weathering on the top. While some animals develop cancerous growths that *do* leave bulbous formations on the bones and even the jaw, you won't find teeth expanding that way, they tend to only wear down or splinter!

Edited by lzbones
grammar/clarification

May I add another picture and offer an apology?  I cleaned some more of the limestone and I do believe it is a tooth. Well, part of a group of teeth maybe?image.thumb.jpg.8a2f80073bf95644dd126cd3e51161b7.jpg

image.jpg

You have lots of rudist bearing limestone in Bandera County.  They show up in all angles of cross section and fragmentation.  This causes them to resemble all kinds of things they are not... including teeth.

To understand the fossils of that area, you have to familiarize yourself with RUDISTS.

;)

• I found this Informative 2

The human mind has the ability to believe anything is true.  -  JJ

I wanted to say rudists, but it was said before. :)

Edited by abyssunder

" We are not separate and independent entities, but like links in a chain, and we could not by any means be what we are without those who went before us and showed us the way. "

Thomas Mann

My Library