Bringing Fossils to Life

I was recently looking at one of my cephalopod fossils when I came upon this. The only explanation I can come up with is that it is a scolecodont, the jaws of polychaete worms, and these have been found in the Hamilton group before (Arabellites sp.) However, I've never seen pictures of scolecodonts in which the jaw doubles back on itself as it does here. I included an interpretive drawing to show what I am seeing. The size appears to be a little bigger than what my book predicted scolecodonts to be; I cannot give a precise measure because my microscope does not show this information. Am I simply looking at the top, like in the famous Websteroprion reconstruction?

1753342187_Scoleodontpicturessmaller.png

Interpretive drawing of ,,Scoleodont,,.png

47995824_Scoleodontsize.png

Edited by Bringing Fossils to Life

I found another tooth, to the right (as it appears in the microscope) of the larger one. I found a picture in a paper that seemingly matches the shape of the larger scolecodont, the first picture in the top left. I do not know any correct terminology. They do not look like conodonts; is there any other explanation?

310022452_Scolecodont2ndtooth.thumb.png.d8c4de03974aa8fc0094eb6eed8dbc66.pnghttps://www.researchgate.net/profile/Mats-Eriksson-9/publication/277346905/viewer/AS:300332245635076@1448616195721/background/7.png

Edited by Bringing Fossils to Life