Lewis_

Possibly, extremely worn down. Also likely option is a trace of an ancient shoreline or other ancient surface where the texture has been lithified and preserved.

Cheers.

-Ken

• I found this Informative 1
  • Thank You 1

Can we see the edge to see if this is on a bedding plane or a cross section?  My first idea was, like Ken, maybe ripple marks.  Any idea on the age of the rock?  I think Wales has a wide range of geologic ages.  

29 minutes ago, ClearLake said:

Can we see the edge to see if this is on a bedding plane or a cross section?  My first idea was, like Ken, maybe ripple marks.  Any idea on the age of the rock?  I think Wales has a wide range of geologic ages.  

I’m not really sure on the age of this one, I’ve found crinoid,rugosa,clam? And other shell fossils further up the coast but the beach I’ve found this on I’m not that familiar with and a lot of rock from elsewhere has come here as a sea defence

673321E3-9151-467E-A188-92FD4E60154E.jpeg

Well, it looks like it is on the bedding plane based on your last photo, so I'm going to suggest it is ripple marks or some such similar sedimentary feature, although they are small ones.  

• I Agree 2

44 minutes ago, Lewis_ said:

a lot of rock from elsewhere has come here as a sea defence

Yup. When people move around rip rap to protect beaches from erosion the exotic rock can really mess up a rockhound. ;)

Cheers.

-Ken

• I Agree 1