Unknown Trilobite (Order Harpetida)

Fissiletag

I recently got this trilobite and don't know the genus. I think it is from the Order Harpetida. The listing said it is from the El Kisan formation, but I can't find any formation called the El Kisan formation. If that formation doesn't exist I think it's from the Fezouta Formation. It was found in Zagora, Morocco and is Ordovician in age. I haven't seen anything similar and it might be undescribed, but that's just speculation. It is 0.9 cm long. 

4869-DSC_4262.jpeg

• Enjoyed 1

Eoharpes sp. is reported from Fezouata but not yet formally described. In this state of preservation I would label it: cf. Eoharpes sp. or Harpetidae indet.

• I found this Informative 1

image.png.a84de26dad44fb03836a743755df237c.png

Is there such thing as the El Kisan formation or is it the Fezouta formation? Also @piranha, do you know of any other Harpetidae that have been found in the Fezouta formation or is it only Eoharpes. Also aren't Eoharpes a bit bigger or can they be this small?

Edited by Fissiletag
Grammar

El Kisan may be a reference to a region but not an actual formation. Eoharpes is the only member of the Harpetidae and Harpides sp. (Harpididae) are both found in the Fezouata. Eoharpes sp. is also reported from the Tachilla Formation near Zagora. Eoharpes starts out small: the size indicates indicates this example is an immature holaspid.

• I found this Informative 1
  • Thank You 1

image.png.a84de26dad44fb03836a743755df237c.png