Siamraptor tooth? Grès Supérieurs Formation, Laos

Pliosaur

Hello! 

I would like to know if this is a Siamraptor tooth? Measures 1.30” and is from the Grès Supérieurs Formation of Laos, Thailand 

Attached high quality photos below 

Thanks in advance! 

ECDF9DCC-EF78-44F6-9FAA-D11C1A799FCC.jpeg

2B39F67B-250E-4420-81F6-032EDD05740F.jpeg

ED87BD6D-1B79-41C0-A750-FC969F48824D.jpeg

5198DF61-5F75-4237-8093-4F5985F31957.jpeg

C115AE28-9BCA-4DA2-AB4D-5281E874C03A.jpeg

A54222A5-F40B-4C15-B806-1088DE6121A6.jpeg

Siamraptor is a Carcharodontosaurid described from the Khok Kruat of Thailand, not Laos.  The holotype skull only had a few unerupted premaxillary teeth so we have little information on the rest of the teeth to help describe them.  Although Grès supérieurs Formation is considered an equivalent deposit little has been described.   However those dinosaurs that have been described are different than those of the Khok Kruat.  The preservation makes it difficult to positively say its a Carcharodontosaurid but it's very possible.  Material from Laos is very special so it would be a good acquisition.  Best described as Theropod indet.

BTW the crown height of a tooth is not measured as is shown in the the micrometer photo.    It's starts at the base of the distal edge to the tip.

@Troodon What makes Laos material special, it seems that in past years I have seen very little material coming out of Laos put on the market? My guess is that any dinosaur remains from Laos or Thailand is considered rare because the formation allows for rough preservation of fossils?

It seems that the only theropod dinosaur that have been described from Grès Supérieurs Formation of Laos is Ichthyovenator which have unique teeth with striations that are noticeably different from the tooth I posted. I'm assuming that if this tooth does indeed belong to Siamraptor, it would make it a very rare tooth of a only recently described Carcharodontosaurian dinosaur?

Laos teeth are special just because of availability.  You just don't see this material on the open market.    Wrong assumption to believe it belong to Siamraptor, its a different deposit, better to say it might be a Carcharodontosaurid. 

Edit:  just look at Spinosaurid:   Khok Kruat Fm you have Siamosaurus and Gres you have Ichthyovenator

@Troodon In all likelihood it might be a undescribed species of Carcharodontosaurid? A quick search shows that Siamraptor is the only definitive named carcharodontosaurian species known from Southeast Asia. It seems that only further research will be able... 

True but that does mean your tooth is a Carcharodontosaurid and that other Carcharodontosaurid don't exist in SE Asia just like Spinosaurids.