Brutus

Hey,

I have a question... what do you think of the fossil i found at a store? Is it real?

It's from ca. 80 Million years from marokko.

Screenshot_20230117_174140_Gallery.jpg

Edited by Brutus
added tags

First of all, I dont trust anything out of morocco.  While there is some authentic fossils, that vast majority are somewhere on the scale of poorly made composites to completes fakes.  Without very clear, up-close pics, nobody can give you a definite answer about this.  The color of that skull and the vastly differing colors of teeth are major red flags for me  

• Thank You 1
  • I Agree 1

"There is no shortage of fossils. There is only a shortage of paleontologists to study them." - Larry Martin

10 minutes ago, hadrosauridae said:

First of all, I dont trust anything out of morocco.  While there is some authentic fossils, that vast majority are somewhere on the scale of poorly made composites to completes fakes.  Without very clear, up-close pics, nobody can give you a definite answer about this.  The color of that skull and the vastly differing colors of teeth are major red flags for me  

Thank you for your reply, in the attached realismcertificate it states that all parts are from the same creature... 

7 minutes ago, Brutus said:

Thank you for your reply, in the attached realismcertificate it states that all parts are from the same creature... 

Certificates are not worth the paper they're printed on. There is no high authority of authenticating fossils that issues certificates.

Some of those teeth appear to be from a different species.

Edited by JBkansas
  • Thank You 1
  • I Agree 1

Teeth are from different and there's a lot of not bone there. I can make out a couple bone pieces when I blow up the picture but I'm seeing a lot of manufactured stuff too

• Thank You 1
  • I Agree 1

Given that the teeth are composited and a statement from the seller that the skull is from the same animal should raise a red flag....he's clueless

• Thank You 1