Best places in Milwaukee, WI, to find outcrops of the Berthelet Member, Devonian Milwaukee Formation

Joseph Fossil

I've been researching good fossil sites near/at Milwaukee, Wisconsin (primarily from the Milwaukee Formation (dating to the Middle Devonian (Givetian)) when I just found out the most of the Devonian fish fossils that have been found from that formation have been found from a particularly member strata - the Berthelet Formation.

Gass, Kenneth & Kluessendorf, Joanne & Mikulic, Donald & Brett, Carlton. (2019). Fossils of the Milwaukee Formation: A Diverse Middle Devonian Biota from Wisconsin, USA. 

I'm aware that time has seen the Milwaukee formation largely buried, after the cement quarries that dug into the formation and helped fuel the fossil discovery boom in the 1840s-1900s shut down by around 1910. I also know there are some places in Milwaukee where outcrops of the Milwaukee formation can still be found. I'm wondering if anyone knows any spots near/at Milwaukee where Berthelet Member outcrops of the Devonian Milwaukee Formation can still be found?

There is Berthelet at Estabrook Park but it's small and the fossils are hard to come by as it's well known.

• I found this Informative 1

2 hours ago, Tales From the Shale said:

There is Berthelet at Estabrook Park but it's small and the fossils are hard to come by as it's well known.

According to the authors of the book cited above, collecting is no longer allowed at Estabrook.

• I found this Informative 1