Where I can find some images for collection labels ?

Francesco1994

Hello everyone !

I wanted to ask you where I could find "silhouette" images of the species to put on labels for my collection.
I am in fact making an inventory and cataloging all my fossils and I would like to create labels on the style that I am attaching to you at the bottom.
Is there a site or any stock images of this type? From the images it would seem that they all belong to the same "style".

Thank you in advance and have a nice week!

image6.png

image5.png

image4.png

image3.jpeg

As someone that’s tried looking around for stuff like this before:

My suggestion would be grab an image you like off of your search engines image search and either convert to grayscale or just print without color.

You may get other replies from others but from my experience there is not a central repository of all or most common Paleozoic creatures done by one artist or one style.

You may even have to remove backgrounds if you find one in a similar style but not just a clear cut of the creature.

Edited by A.C.
  • I found this Informative 2
  • I Agree 1

• 3 weeks later...

Years ago, I helped a dealer friend create images for his specimen labels.  There was no website for that then either.  Some of the images I created were tracings of skull or animal images or drawings of teeth.  I found a really nice photo of a bison so I traced the head and sized it down.  That became the image for all the fossil bison teeth and bones my friend had.

I saw a Ceratosaurus label I created in the Tucson thread.