Ammonite cast?

Cyclist

I've had this limestone cast (?) on my back porch for a while now. I picked it up on a walk below my house, and thought it different than the various other oddities I pick up from time to time.

I was wondering if this was perhaps some sort of ammonite cast.

Any thoughts?

Thank you.

20230125_173019.jpg

20230125_173035.jpg

20230125_173109.jpg

20230125_173156.jpg

20230125_173144.jpg

you have the exact locality where you found it?

I was never digging in texas, but had always great ammonites from there in the collection.

There is a nice website with Texas fossils (not mine, perhaps the owner is a TFF - Member, do not know), perhaps you like to have a look 

North Texas Fossils

28 minutes ago, rocket said:

you have the exact locality where you found it?

I was never digging in texas, but had always great ammonites from there in the collection.

There is a nice website with Texas fossils (not mine, perhaps the owner is a TFF - Member, do not know), perhaps you like to have a look 

North Texas Fossils

Thank you.

Yes, Ellis county Tx. According to USGS - Pocket Texas Geology, Cretaceous, Gulfian, Austin Chalk. Southwest of Dallas/Fort Worth a ways.

With a few exceptions, most of what I find are aquatic impressions of some sort.

I enjoyed looking through the North Texas fossil site. Thank you.

I've never found any sharks teeth, although I know some have been found with a few miles of me. I do find some rudist colonies, and enjoy prepping them for the fun of it. Better than whittling on a stick.

The two pieces I submitted in my very first post here are, to me, the most unusual things I've found. They just very different.

Pictured below are more typical of what I see on my walks or bike rides.

Thanks for your response....... 

20230104_160340_HDR.jpg

20211018_122148.jpg

5 hours ago, rocket said:

North Texas Fossils

Lance Hall is a Forum member.

• Thank You 1