Winner of the 2022 Vertebrate Fossil Of The Year

digit

No ways!!! I can't believe this :Jumping:

Thanks so much, I am honestly blown away by this. I honestly think any of the monthly winners could have taken this, they were really all amazing fossil finds which I would have loved to find - especially that reptile skull and mosasaur tail section. Thanks for organising the competition @digit!

• Enjoyed 4

23 minutes ago, mamlambo said:

Thanks for organising the competition @digit!

Thanks for participating. It was a drool-worthy specimen and enough of a rarity to carry the day for both the monthly contest and our year-end wrap-up. Best of all is knowing that this is a SIS (Scientifically Important Specimen) that will find its way into the hands of an interested researcher. Please do keep us appraised of the progress and possibly a link when the paper is published. We'd love to see this in our Partners in Paleontology gallery in the future. ;)

Cheers.

-Ken

3 minutes ago, digit said:

Thanks for participating. It was a drool-worthy specimen and enough of a rarity to carry the day for both the monthly contest and our year-end wrap-up. Best of all is knowing that this is a SIS (Scientifically Important Specimen) that will find its way into the hands of an interested researcher. Please do keep us appraised of the progress and possibly a link when the paper is published. We'd love to see this in our Partners in Paleontology gallery in the future. ;)

Cheers.

-Ken

I'll definitely do that! It's a long process to get it published but hopefully we will see something in a couple of years.

Papers do seem glacially slow in their progress. Sounds like this researcher may welcome your participation in the process so at least you'll see some indications of progress before the final paper drops. This forum encourages and celebrates cooperation between avocational collectors and professional researchers believing strongly that citizen science is a positive force in paleontology. ;)

Cheers.

-Ken

• Enjoyed 1

Congratulations-Great-Find.gif.f69677011a03b96795467d50702d7886.gif

Finds like yours keep us coming back here, to this amazing forum. Along with all the other fantastic reasons of course.

• Thank You 1

Start the day with a smile and get it over with.

Congratulations on an amazing find!

• Thank You 1

Fin Lover

image.png.e69a5608098eeb4cd7d1fc5feb4dad1e.png image.png.e6c66193c1b85b1b775526eb958f72df.png image.png.65903ff624a908a6c80f4d36d6ff8260.png

image.png.7cefa5ccc279142681efa4b7984dc6cb.png

My favorite things about fossil hunting: getting out of my own head, getting into nature and, if I’m lucky, finding some cool souvenirs.

• digit unfeatured this topic