Tyrannosaurus? Carcharodontosaurus? OR Smilodon? A Tooth from Gansu, China

coollll

Hi guys,

I just received a tip of a tooth from Gansu, China, and I now wondering if is from a dinosaur or a smilodon. Thank you so much for your time and wish you a nice day :)

1366358886__20230129035336.png

微信图片_20230129035333.jpg

微信图片_20230129035330.jpg

微信图片_20230129035324.jpg

The Genus Tyrannosaurus is only known from the Norther Hemisphere other Tyrannosaurid are known from China

The Genus Carcharodontosaurus is only known from North Africa

and I believe Smilodon only lived in the Americas other types of cats are known from China

What can you say about the locality and age that it was found  ?

14 minutes ago, Troodon said:

The Genus Tyrannosaurus is only known from the Norther Hemisphere other Tyrannosaurid are known from China

The Genus Carcharodontosaurus is only known from North Africa

and I believe Smilodon only lived in the Americas other types of cats are known from China

What can you say about the locality and age that it was found  ?

Hi Troodon, thanks for your reply.  Yes, that’s also what I’m doubting. I compared it with my other collections from America and Africa, and the serration is more like a theropod.  There is only one genus of tyrannosauroid dinosaur that lived in the Early Cretaceous in the location which is Xiongguanlong, but it’s only 4-5m long. And there is no Carcharodontosaurus found in the place.  Unfortunately, Seller didn’t provide me the age, and the location is Hezheng County of Gansu Province.