Sidewalk fossil display

Creek - Don

I take trains to work.   Whoever designed this sidwalk had a great taste for fossils.  Nice ammonite and scallop display.   It repeats with leaf display. IMG_20230130_072702141.thumb.jpg.f52f041aea480eab49baa30834e827bd.jpgIMG_20230130_072723068.thumb.jpg.3eb95751abf52a6ab2d0d750829e0cd3.jpg

• Enjoyed 7

Nice idea.

I saw something similar on a private house clad in artificial slate including artificial ammonites.

best Regards,

J

• Enjoyed 1

Try to learn something about everything and everything about something

Thomas Henry Huxley

That is cool.

We have some dinosaur brass footprints in the sidewalk in downtown Casper, and an interpretive sign.  The Denver airport has tons of brass fossils and prehistoric animals embedded into the floor.  This was inspired by all the fossils they found while digging to make the new airport (new in the 1990's or so). 

• I Agree 1

My parents have been pouring cement pavers for the garden, and before the cement is dried, mother will press a big rhubarb leaf or similar thing into it. Makes a nice fossil-like effect for the garden. If I think of it I'll get a pic or two on a sunny day.

14 hours ago, Wrangellian said:

My parents have been pouring cement pavers for the garden, and before the cement is dried, mother will press a big rhubarb leaf or similar thing into it. Makes a nice fossil-like effect for the garden. If I think of it I'll get a pic or two on a sunny day.

Nice!  I like to see that. 

Nice ! In Italy is pretty common find ammo and fossil shell in church’s floors and In the streets of village/cities near Quarries 

I remember down in Vinice Florida at Caspersons beach a portion of the side walk has a bunch of meg frags laying in it. It would be nice to go down there with a hammer and nail sometime.:heartylaugh:

• I Agree 1