The pterosaurs of the Cretaceous Kem Kem Group of Morocco

Praefectus

Thanks for posting...looks like a excellent paper for those interested in pterosaurs.  A summary was definitely needed

• I found this Informative 1

Forgot to mention, found this odd in the paper since Ibrahim was one of the co-authors.  Will be interesting to see how future publications on the KK Basin treat these schemes

Screenshot_20230205_055212_Twitter.thumb.jpg.74a5780db870e32095d1afbd962f860c.jpg

• Thank You 1

Thank you very much for sharing. Such a paper on Pterosaurs was more than necessary. Enough reading for now, very interesting. :JC_doubleup:

11 hours ago, Troodon said:

Forgot to mention, found this odd in the paper since Ibrahim was one of the co-authors.  Will be interesting to see how future publications on the KK Basin treat these schemes

I'm just speculating but seeing as the paper was in peer review for a long time (submitted to the journal in February of 2022), the writing of the paper was probably done during 2020-2021. Perhaps there was not enough time to incorporate the new stratigraphy (or the authors didn't feel like revising an already written stratigraphy section :P). 

Also, I wonder just which sections were written by the professors compared to which were written by their co-author students. Stratigraphy seems like the sort of easy section that a senior author would pawn off for a student to write. 

• Thank You 1
  • I Agree 1

1 hour ago, Praefectus said:

I'm just speculating but seeing as the paper was in peer review for a long time (submitted to the journal in February of 2022), the writing of the paper was probably done during 2020-2021. Perhaps there was not enough time to incorporate the new stratigraphy (or the authors didn't feel like revising an already written stratigraphy section :P). 

Also, I wonder just which sections were written by the professors compared to which were written by their co-author students. Stratigraphy seems like the sort of easy section that a senior author would pawn off for a student to write. 

Thanks thats very plausible if the paper was written that far back.