Warm greetings from KY

Parasaurolophus

When my house was built, it was built on land that was actually an ancient sea! Ever since I found my first fossilized brachiopod sticking out of the mud, I've been hooked! Fossil fever :default_rofl:

I originally searched The Fossil Forum as a guest to get a hang on fossil ID, locations and images to better my understanding of the creatures that roamed the planet long before us. But I've totally warmed up to this place, and decided to make an account! 

So hello everyone, me and my brachiopods are glad to be here :brachiopod::dinosmile: Greetings from KY!

• Enjoyed 3

Welcome to the Forum.  :)

Brachiopods are often overlooked, but are an important part of understanding paleo-environments of the times they lived in.

Plus, some are really cool looking.  ;)

Tim    -  VETERAN SHALE SPLITTER

MOTM.png.61350469b02f439fd4d5d77c2c69da85.png      PaleoPartner.png.30c01982e09b0cc0b7d9d6a7a21f56c6.png.a600039856933851eeea617ca3f2d15f.png     Postmaster1.jpg.900efa599049929531fa81981f028e24.jpg    VFOTM.png.f1b09c78bf88298b009b0da14ef44cf0.png  VFOTM  --- APRIL - 2015  

John Muir ~ ~ ~ ~   ><))))( *>  About Me      

Welcome from a former Kentuckian!

Fin Lover

image.png.e69a5608098eeb4cd7d1fc5feb4dad1e.png image.png.e6c66193c1b85b1b775526eb958f72df.png image.png.65903ff624a908a6c80f4d36d6ff8260.png

image.png.7cefa5ccc279142681efa4b7984dc6cb.png

My favorite things about fossil hunting: getting out of my own head, getting into nature and, if I’m lucky, finding some cool souvenirs.

Welcome from Illinois.

Mark.

Fossil hunting is easy -- they don't run away when you shoot at them!

Welcome from Jacksonville, Florida.

I just joined myself. Brachiopods eh? Glad they're right outside your door. Kentucky has some cool stuff in the roadcuts. Roadside Geology of KY could be a good read..

Welcome from Colorado! I'm jealous of those Paleozoic formations in Kentucky, I assume your brachiopods are Paleozoic?

“If fossils are not "boggling" your mind then you are simply not doing it right” -Ken (digit)

"No fossil is garbage, it´s just not completely preserved” -Franz (FranzBernhard)

"With hammer in hand, the open horizon of time, and dear friends by my side, what can we not accomplish together?" -Kane (Kane)

"We are in a way conquering time, reuniting members of a long lost family" -Quincy (Opabinia Blues)

"I loved reading the trip reports, I loved the sharing, I loved the educational aspect, I loved the humor. It felt like home. It still does" -Mike (Pagurus)

“The best deal I ever got was getting accepted as a member on The Fossil Forum. Not only got an invaluable pool of knowledge, but gained a loving family as well.” -Doren (caldigger)

"it really is nice, to visit the oasis that is TFF" -Tim (fossildude19)

"Life's Good! -Adam (Tidgy's Dad)

Welcome from Louisville

"Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence"_ Carl Sagen

No trees were killed in this posting......however, many innocent electrons were diverted from where they originally intended to go.

" I think, therefore I collect fossils." _ Me

"When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth."__S. Holmes

"can't we all just get along?" Jack Nicholson from Mars Attacks

Hello and welcome from Central Kentucky (Elizabethtown area)! :) 

The good thing about science is that it's true whether or not you believe in it.  -Neil deGrasse Tyson

Everyone you will ever meet knows something you don't. -Bill Nye (The Science Guy)

• 2 weeks later...