okfossilcollector

I bought this tooth and in my limited knowledge I'm not sure it's a raptor, I do not have a big collection of teeth to compare it to, so I figured I'll ask the experts.  Hellcreek formation, MT.              4 denticles/mm it's the same both sides, 13.6mm CH,  4.2mm CBW, 9.07mm CBL   both sides denticles look the same to me. If any more pictures are needed, I can get them. also sorry about the photos I'm getting a better magnifying device, my little coin one isn't too good for big over all pictures. 

WIN_20230210_19_50_14_Pro.jpg

WIN_20230210_19_51_26_Pro.jpg

WIN_20230210_19_51_44_Pro.jpg

WIN_20230210_19_52_06_Pro.jpg

WIN_20230210_20_14_48_Pro.jpg

1076923517_image0(1).jpeg

Will first need a better location like county found to properly identify this tooth. Its the most important bit of information needed.  If the denticles are the same on both sides its not a Dromaeosaurid ( raptor ).  Unfortunately a lot a sellers equate small to raptor..  Its most likely a juvie Tyrannosaurid and location can help us determine which one.  Might need some additional photos

1 hour ago, Troodon said:

Will first need a better location like county found to properly identify this tooth. Its the most important bit of information needed.  If the denticles are the same on both sides its not a Dromaeosaurid ( raptor ).  Unfortunately a lot a sellers equate small to raptor..  Its most likely a juvie Tyrannosaurid and location can help us determine which one.  Might need some additional photos

I will see if I can find out the location. I bought the tooth thinking it may be a small tyrannosaurid tooth based on what I’ve read on here from the identifying section. So if that’s what it is I’m not mad at all, atleast I’m learning an can identify some that far lol 

• Enjoyed 1
  • I Agree 1