Possible Meg teeth?

Fossillfann

I found these two teeth in Florida. They look like they could be Megalodon, but I’m having trouble identifying them. What are your thoughts??

AAB0E45E-7FC6-4E04-A6AF-7B60FAC23125.jpeg

50 minutes ago, Fossillfann said:

I found these two teeth in Florida. They look like they could be Megalodon, but I’m having trouble identifying them. What are your thoughts??

AAB0E45E-7FC6-4E04-A6AF-7B60FAC23125.jpeg

Absolutely  !!!

These teeth are LARGE... you should provide the measurements !!!

Only 4 types of Shark teeth found in Florida (Snaggle Tooth,  Mako,  Great White, Megalodon) are consistently as large as 1.5 inch or 38 mm.

Of these,  3 have serrations.  A Mako does not....

Only 1 has a bourlette ... In the Meg below,  the Bourlette is between the root and the blade and has a light orange like color..  Your teeth both have a bourlette,  and that means they are Megs !!!

IMG_5841.thumb.JPG.84effbcf22ed73dff8bd31a70c9e3396.JPG

The White Queen  ".... in her youth she could believe "six impossible things before breakfast"

1 hour ago, Shellseeker said:

Absolutely  !!!

These teeth are LARGE... you should provide the measurements !!!

Only 4 types of Shark teeth found in Florida (Snaggle Tooth,  Mako,  Great White, Megalodon) are consistently as large as 1.5 inch or 38 mm.

Of these,  3 have serrations.  A Mako does not....

Only 1 has a bourlette ... In the Meg below,  the Bourlette is between the root and the blade and has a light orange like color..  Your teeth both have a bourlette,  and that means they are Megs !!!

IMG_5841.thumb.JPG.84effbcf22ed73dff8bd31a70c9e3396.JPG

Both are about 2.5-3 ish inches! :)

28 minutes ago, Doctor Mud said:

I agree on Meg. @Shellseeker is that your Meg in the photo? It’s an amazing!!!

It is amazing.!!  I have a long time friend,  who is/was a high end  Florida Artifact and Megalodon dealer.  He sends me photos of his best... 

The White Queen  ".... in her youth she could believe "six impossible things before breakfast"

Definitely Meg teeth. @Shellseeker mentioned a bourlette. This is a thinner area of enamel just above the root present on Meg teeth. Yours has those so it is a “meg”

6EAA47AE-C3C5-4759-A8F4-7AF1AB708097.jpeg.7db3c48ab91a4e2b00f2f0580a44334e.jpeg

I’m not familiar with this area, but I’ve informally used the term “meg” here but it could be one of the Meg ancestors too? Like a chubutensis?  The roots are incomplete so we can’t see if there were any cusps or cusplettes. The one on the right makes me think an actual Meg or Otodus megalodon (Carcharocles megalodon to some)

In the fossil record you can see the entire lineage that led up to megalodon. The teeth started with cusps and without serrations and ended up with serrations and without cusps.

Otodus chubutensis is just before the megalodon and the cusps are almost gone. 

3 minutes ago, Shellseeker said:

It is amazing.!!  I have a long time friend,  who is/was a high end  Florida Artifact and Megalodon dealer.  He sends me photos of his best... 

Such nice color and perfect preservation!!

I wondered about the possibility of the OPs teeth being chubs? The one on the right looks like a Meg though. Do you get chubutensis in Florida? 

4 minutes ago, Shellseeker said:

did he have a website initials would be P P? I used to regularly drool over the teeth on that site. 

2 minutes ago, Doctor Mud said:

did he have a website initials would be P P? I used to regularly drool over the teeth on that site. 

I know the P P site and sometimes purchased ,  but this is another who developed a group of worldwide  contacts for selling high end Megalodons...