AMMP meeting Seattle in April

jpc

I thought I would let folks know about this meeting happening in Seattle in April. 

https://paleomethods.org/Annual-Meeting

This is the annual meeting for fossil prep types from all walks of life.  Anyone here who does prep work might want to look into it. 

At least one of us will be there teaching folks how to use carbowax in fossil prep.  

Edited by jpc
  • I found this Informative 4

• jpc changed the title to AMMP meeting Seattle in April

Wish I could attend!

• I Agree 1

"There is no shortage of fossils. There is only a shortage of paleontologists to study them." - Larry Martin

On 2/17/2023 at 8:50 AM, jpc said:

I thought I would let folks know about this meeting happening in Seattle in April. 

https://paleomethods.org/Annual-Meeting

This is the annual meeting for fossil prep types from all walks of life.  Anyone here who does prep work might want to look into it. 

At least one of us will be there teaching folks how to use carbowax in fossil prep.  

Thanks for the heads up do you know how much it is to attend?

1 hour ago, jpc said:

160 bucks, I think for members.  It is on that link in my post... somewhere.  

Add $50 to that for members,  and $100 for non-member registration

"There is no shortage of fossils. There is only a shortage of paleontologists to study them." - Larry Martin

I was just looking through the presentation schedule, wow, I really wish I could attend.  I will have to plan and save to be at next year's conference.

PEG is something I'm highly interested in learning about, since I haven't used it before.

Edited by hadrosauridae