Coco

By showing Sara my current shells, I realized that I have a different Calliostoma in my box of C. zizyphinum. It was found in the Côtes d'Armor in northern France.

Its difference lies in the fact that some turns are more marked than on the C. zizyphinum. What do you think about that ? @MikeR?

Calliostoma.jpg.e8b15ec1591b4f19e8736f48ae18b6da.jpg

From the web :

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Calliostoma_zizyphinum#/media/File:Calliostoma_zizyphinum_f._laevigata_01.JPG

Thanks.

Coco

Edited by Coco
  • Enjoyed 1

----------------------
OUTIL POUR MESURER VOS FOSSILES : ici

Ma bibliothèque PDF 1 (Poissons et sélaciens récents & fossiles) : ici
Ma bibliothèque PDF 2 (Animaux vivants - sans poissons ni sélaciens) : ici
Mâchoires sélaciennes récentes : ici
Hétérodontiques et sélaciens : ici
Oeufs sélaciens récents : ici
Otolithes de poissons récents ! ici

Un Greg...

Badges-IPFOTH.jpg.f4a8635cda47a3cc506743a8aabce700.jpg Badges-MOTM.jpg.461001e1a9db5dc29ca1c07a041a1a86.jpg

1 hour ago, Coco said:

By showing Sara my current shells, I realized that I have a different Calliostoma in my box of C. zizyphinum. It was found in the Côtes d'Armor in northern France.

Its difference lies in the fact that some turns are more marked than on the C. zizyphinum. What do you think about that ? @MikeR?

From the web :

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Calliostoma_zizyphinum#/media/File:Calliostoma_zizyphinum_f._laevigata_01.JPG

Thanks.

Coco

Unfortunately, the recent European molluscan fauna is outside of my area of expertise.

• Thank You 1

"A problem solved is a problem caused"--Karl Pilkington

"I was dead for millions of years before I was born and it never inconvenienced me a bit." -- Mark Twain