Best tools to prep Morrison formation material

Fossil Collect

Hi, I’ve been wanting to prep some Morrison formation material for a while now however I’ve never prepped Morrison stuff. I have prepped many Hell creek and lance creek fossils. So what are the best tooth for preparing Morrison formation material specifically things like sauropod and theropod vertebrae’s? Thanks!

Patience and a big lab.  

Just to keep you honest, it is not Lance creek it is simply Lance.  

Morrison bones come from a variety of sediments so it depends on what kind of rock they are found in.  Some are in very hard sandstone, some are in fractured, softish mudstones etc.  Some will clean with a toothbrush and water, and others need a ton of glue and air tools.  I find that the air abrasive unit is crucial for most Morrison bones, as is a few airscribes.  

6 minutes ago, jpc said:

Patience and a big lab.  

Just to keep you honest, it is not Lance creek it is simply Lance.  

Morrison bones come from a variety of sediments so it depends on what kind of rock they are found in.  Some are in very hard sandstone, some are in fractured, softish mudstones etc.  Some will clean with a toothbrush and water, and others need a ton of glue and air tools.  I find that the air abrasive unit is crucial for most Morrison bones, as is a few airscribes.  

As always patience is the most important tool while prepping :heartylaugh:. Thanks for the information. I was hoping I would just need a needle for the big stuff lol.