Curious about trilobite part

I was browsing for some trilobites and came across this way expensive one that of course I can't afford in my craziest dreams right now. I was wondering though what is this brown part around the trilobite? It is not the same color as the rock, neither as the trilobite's exoskeleton. Could it be soft parts of the trilobite fossilized and preserved? Or something completely different?

IMG_20230312_053951.jpg

Screenshot_2023-03-12-05-39-26-894_com.ebay.mobile.jpg

Not a soft-bodied feature, but a natural part of the spiny pygidium of a Walliserops. The lighter brown between the pygidial spines is shadow.

...How to Philosophize with a Hammer

I don't know, to me it seems like some sort of coating or glue.

image.png.dd20af1d9b04f37a66a1ae66e716e682.png

image.png.a4fb7ff0f635290648d1b45fca12b30e.png

• I Agree 2

“If fossils are not "boggling" your mind then you are simply not doing it right” -Ken (digit)

"No fossil is garbage, it´s just not completely preserved” -Franz (FranzBernhard)

"With hammer in hand, the open horizon of time, and dear friends by my side, what can we not accomplish together?" -Kane (Kane)

"We are in a way conquering time, reuniting members of a long lost family" -Quincy (Opabinia Blues)

"I loved reading the trip reports, I loved the sharing, I loved the educational aspect, I loved the humor. It felt like home. It still does" -Mike (Pagurus)

“The best deal I ever got was getting accepted as a member on The Fossil Forum. Not only got an invaluable pool of knowledge, but gained a loving family as well.” -Doren (caldigger)

"it really is nice, to visit the oasis that is TFF" -Tim (fossildude19)

"Life's Good! -Adam (Tidgy's Dad)

The brown matrix between the spines is from sandblasting. This trilobite was preppared using air abrasion and matrix turns to light brown when blasted. The rest of matrix around the trilobite was air scribed on finish, flattened and is therefor lighter in color. The matrix between the spines was not airscribed, just sand blasted, so you see this contrast in color... Sometimes also coating can be used, which gives such contrast.