Is this a T-Rex Belly Rib?

jikohr

Hi everyone!

I have my eye on this piece that is claimed to be a belly rib from a T-Rex from the Lance Formation of Niobara County Wyoming.

The seller claims it's robustness positively ids it as rex, but seems to have forgotten to list exact measurements, which I have contacted him about and am awaiting a response which I will post as soon as I get it.

Even then, always good to double check these things!

Any insight is greatly appreciated as always!

s-l1600 (4).jpg

s-l1600 (3).jpg

s-l1600 (2).jpg

s-l1600 (1).jpg

s-l1600.jpg

Here is the gastralia for a Trex. Unfortunately everyone jumps to Trex on ID but there are lots of other theropods that have them included Nanotyrannus.  Its also missing both ends which complicates matters, can it just be a rib bone..  You really need to show your specimen to someone familiar with them like Pete Larsen. 

Screenshot_20230318_151836_Drive.thumb.jpg.14a28e7e08cf70f283bac732f6fcd477.jpg

23 minutes ago, Troodon said:

Here is the gastralia for a Trex. Unfortunately everyone jumps to Trex on ID but there are lots of other theropods that have them included Nanotyrannus.  Its also missing both ends which complicates matters, can it just be a rib bone..  You really need to show your specimen to someone familiar with them like Pete Larsen. 

Screenshot_20230318_151836_Drive.thumb.jpg.14a28e7e08cf70f283bac732f6fcd477.jpg

Yeah I kinda figured telling the difference wouldn't be that easy. Thanks again!