Is this an Appalachiosaur tooth?

Ginger0412

Is this an Appalathiosaur tooth?
Bladen County, North Carolina, black creek group
If anyone knows, please let me know.Thank you in advance1000x750.jpg.bec6b8e3844d071f00596cf5c7454ff0.jpg1000x751.jpg.3a3f8d6c8bdaac4ca2865e899f239796.jpg1000x752.jpg.0a6cc6563d6ae698209e82edd7f1eaed.jpg1000x752.jpg.a17fa9f39192dc733a217e089d7dd4ae.jpg1000x752.jpg.b27320958a129a6a0658726a4d066364.jpg1000x751.jpg.72251d571e1bc3a4b544d480ad27eff3.jpg.

It's a very rare tooth that you would want in your collection!

It could be the tyrannosauroid  Appalachiosaurus or Dryptosaurus if it's the Tar Heel Fm or an indeterminate Tyrannosaur if its the Bladen Fm.  There are deposits of both in that county so its all about location, location, location..  Both formations are part of the Black Creek Group .. 

• I found this Informative 2

9 minutes ago, Troodon said:

ぜひコレクションしたい超レアな歯です!

ター ヒール Fm の場合はティラノサウルス上科のアパラチオサウルスまたはドリプトサウルスである可能性があり、ブレイデン Fm の場合は未確定のティラノサウルスである可能性があります。Bladen郡にTar Heel Fm預金があるかどうかはわかりません。両方のフォーメーションは Black Creek Group の一部ですが、Bladen Fm の可能性が高いと推測しています。 

Thank you @トロオドン! Is it certain that it is a rare Tyrannosaurus tooth?

No it is not a Tyrannosaurus those are not from the east coast.

It's possibly a Tyrannosauroid, or indeterminate Tyrannosaur

Sorry to keep bothering you.Isn't it the teeth of Albertosaurus, Golgosaurus, Daspretosaurus, and Tyrannosaurus?

5 minutes ago, Ginger0412 said:

Sorry to keep bothering you.Isn't it the teeth of Albertosaurus, Golgosaurus, Daspretosaurus, and Tyrannosaurus?

These are found in the western states and Canada not the east coast.  Those are typically tyrannosauroids not tyrannosaurids

5 minutes ago, Ginger0412 said:

Is it worth adding to the collection as it is a rare Tyrannosaurid tooth?

24 minutes ago, Troodon said:

It's a very rare tooth that you would want in your collection!

What I said!

Just seen this post.  If it helps, the serration density on the distal edge is 13/5mm midline.  I traded for the tooth a while back and the original owner thought it was probably Appalachiosaurus - I agreed based on the serration density, as it seemed too high for Dryptosaurus.

5 minutes ago, DinoFossilsUK said:

Just seen this post.  If it helps, the serration density on the distal edge is 13/5mm midline.  I traded for the tooth a while back and the original owner thought it was probably Appalachiosaurus - I agreed based on the serration density, as it seemed too high for Dryptosaurus.

It really depends on what deposit its from.  We dont have a specific location

No, unfortunately I only know the county and group.  I mistakenly thought they were described from the Bladen Fm too.  I doubt I can get more info on where it came from so it's an indeterminate Tyrannosaur then.

21 hours ago, Troodon said:

ぜひコレクションしたい超レアな歯です!

ター ヒール Fm の場合はティラノサウルス上科のアパラチオサウルスまたはドリプトサウルスである可能性があり、ブレイデン Fm の場合は不確定なティラノサウルスである可能性があります。その郡には両方の堆積物があるため、場所、場所、場所についてのすべて..両方の地層はブラッククリークグループの一部です.. 

Is this tooth real?

I don't understand your question? We've been discussing the possibility of which species it could be?

2 hours ago, Troodon said:

私はあなたの質問を理解していませんか?私たちは、それがどの種である可能性があるかについて話し合ってきましたか?

I'm sorry.Add the topic to another bulletin board.

Real meaning what? We discussed the options what it could be.  Are you asking if its fabricated which its not?

Its definitely a Theropod dinosaur tooth thats for sure. So if thats your question? 

Im not experienced enough for these to define them from an Albertosaurus tooth. Im very curious to what would make this an Appalachiosaurus one rather then a more common Albertosaurus one. 

1 minute ago, Phos_01 said:

Its definitely a Theropod dinosaur tooth thats for sure. So if thats your question? 

Im not experienced enough for these to define them from an Albertosaurus tooth. Im very curious to what would make this an Appalachiosaurus one rather then a more common Albertosaurus one. 

Its been discussed

• I Agree 1

15 minutes ago, Ginger0412 said:

Is this tooth real?please tell me。Thank you in advance!

I have merged your new topic with the original. Please do not post multiple topics for the same item. 

...How to Philosophize with a Hammer

Just now, Kane said:

新しいトピックを元のトピックと統合しました。同じ項目に対して複数のトピックを投稿しないでください。 

I'm sorry! I don't know how to do it!

2 minutes ago, Ginger0412 said:

I'm sorry! I don't know how to do it!

The question of it being real has long been established in this thread already. The other members would not be weighing in on a genus determination if it was not real. 

...How to Philosophize with a Hammer