North Texas (ammonites, etc) - Anyone want to meet up?

turtlesteve

I'm considering traveling to Texas as my kids REALLY have the fossil bug right now.  I am thinking to hit sites in northern TX near lake Texoma and north sulfur river area, as they want to find ammonites.  I am sure I can find decent sites on my own, but if anyone in the area has suggestions, or wants to meet up to collect somewhere, shoot me a note.  It would be somewhat a one time trip for us, since we live in South Carolina, and I want to make it worthwhile for them.  And, I could certainly provide some reciprocal intel / guidance on SC collecting sites (Summerville/Charleston) where I have done extensive collecting.

Thanks,

Steve

Feel free to send me a DM! It’s actually a dream of mine to teach children about Mesozoic fossils and I used to work at a science center, I do ocassional work for the Heard. :wub: I live in the northeast Mckinney area near a lot of popular sites that are kid-friendly assessable. I have 2 jobs, school, and have to go to Utah and/or Kansas next month but let me know what days you were thinking! Just maybe I can swing it. Cheers! ~Larí

• Enjoyed 1