Big Air Scribes

RJB

Hey everybody.  Last year I bought one of those T-Rex air scribes from the UK that runs on 50 psi.  It appears to be equivalent to the Paleo Tools ME 9100.   I also have a Paleo Tools Super Jack but that runs on 90 psi.  I run it at 110 psi.  Here is my question,  Is there a big air scribe out there in the market that is equivalent to the Super Jack but runs on 50 psi?  Thank you

RB

Here is a comparison of different air scribes and pneumatic hammers from Zoic and Hardy Winkler ( taken from the German supplier for preparation tools and equipment Haufwerk.com). What you are looking for is listed in the penultimate line (Betriebsdruck,  36Psi equals roughly 2,5bar) and the indication of the field of application (Einsatzgebiet) from very fine (sehr fein) to very coarse (sehr grob). Interesting is also the last line: max. air consumption in l/min (max. Luftverbrauch).

Druckluftwerkzeuge_Technische_Daten_und_Vergleich.pdf

Edited by oilshale
  • I found this Informative 2
  • Thank You 1

Be not ashamed of mistakes and thus make them crimes (Confucius, 551 BC - 479 BC).

Yep, I love my HW scribe! But, they are also quite expensive... I have already spent 1600$+ on my HW-70... But they are worth it! 

If you buy the HW-90, then you would probably want to order from the US supplier, called "The Stone Company" (http://www.stonecompany.com/tools/tools.html), since you live in the US. I have had very good experience with them, and  I would definitely reccomend. 

Cheers and Shalom,

-Micah

• Thank You 1

Stalking this thread, been looking into getting a Bronto or Chicago from ZOIC for bigger projects like marine reptile. I absolutely LOVE my little trilobite one! :wub:   (I have an airbrush compressor that would work with either) 

I want to thank everyone for their input and help.  I went ahead and ordered the Bronto ZPT-BT.  It ships on April 4th so should be here in a couple of weeks?  

RB

• Enjoyed 1

For fine preparation I only own the HW1-2 and the Hw322 from Hardy Winkler and a W224 from Krantz for matrix removal - I have no own experience with the more powerful scribes. What I appreciate about the HW devices is the low air consumption at low pressure and that the devices do not require any oil. I do not need an oiler and have no oil splash on the fossils.

Edited by oilshale
  • I found this Informative 1

Be not ashamed of mistakes and thus make them crimes (Confucius, 551 BC - 479 BC).

1 hour ago, RJB said:

I want to thank everyone for their input and help.  I went ahead and ordered the Bronto ZPT-BT.  It ships on April 4th so should be here in a couple of weeks?  

RB

No problem, Ron. :) 

Yep, should be a couple weeks. Although you never know, could be arrive a little sooner.

Cheers and Shalom,

-Micah

21 hours ago, fossilhunter21 said:

Yep, should be a couple weeks. Although you never know, could be arrive a little sooner.

Hi Micah.  I wish.  they tell me that they are doing inventory or something and wont be shipping anything till April 4th.  

RB

• I found this Informative 1