Title says it all, this is my only rugosa fossil and its half in a martrix, how would I go about removing my peice from it? What tools would I need, and is it possible? Thanks in advance!

20230319045335_IMG_3885.JPG

20230319045407_IMG_3890.JPG

20230319045335_IMG_3886.JPG

20230319045420_IMG_3893.JPG

It is possible with an air scribe, but it is in fairly rough condition. Since we're pretty much sitting on fossil coral reef riches, you might be better off hunting for another (and hopefully more complete) example given how common they are to encounter in southern Ontario.

• Thank You 1
  • I Agree 1

...How to Philosophize with a Hammer

5 hours ago, Ludwigia said:

I'd suggest an outing to Hungry Hollow. There's no lack of rugose corals there and you could find some other niceties there as well.

It's funny because the place I found this is a local valley called hungry hallow in Georgetown got confused for a sec lol. In all seriousness though Im definitely considering it for a trip in the summer, thanks for the tip! 

5 hours ago, artur said:

It's funny because the place I found this is a local valley called hungry hallow in Georgetown got confused for a sec lol. In all seriousness though Im definitely considering it for a trip in the summer, thanks for the tip! 

Well, well. You're from Georgetown, eh? I grew up in Brampton before it turned into a juggernaut.

Greetings from the Lake of Constance. Roger

http://www.steinkern.de/