Spinosaurus Tooth, is it real?

Can anybody help with identifying if this is a real Spinosaurus tooth? Thank you in advanced. 

5F5625E1-7887-4D1D-8E5C-76DA1F6C76AE.jpeg

Edited by Samhain

5 minutes ago, Troodon said:

Additional views please.  Not sure it a Spinosaurid

Here is another photo. I was thinking of buying it and I wanted to make sure it’s authentic, so I don’t have anymore photos besides these. 

A582DC95-7801-4BB0-BD93-740BC43930B4.jpeg

The ridges on the crown give me a bit more comfort its a Spinosaurid but the photos are not the best to make a call.  Need to also see two carinae on both sides and cannot make any out.. 

• I found this Informative 2

On 3/27/2023 at 1:54 AM, Samhain said:

I was thinking of buying it

If this is your first tooth you wanted to buy from a Spinosaurus, I would pass on it. As Troodon already stated it does not look like your typical Spinosaurus tooth. It might be but it could also be something else. Im leaning more towards Plesiosaurus. But your second photo shows ridges, still not typical Spinosaurus 

allot of Spinosaurid teeth are up for purchase so I would find another in my opinion . 

• I Agree 1

I have some more photos from other angles, in these photos I’m able to make out two carinae on both edges of the tooth. 

047C8DA3-F369-4D6F-901D-6EE9E60B16A1.jpeg

7BD13469-9A45-46D3-9A34-1A6CA9A2BC0A.jpeg

2 hours ago, Troodon said:

Yes its a Spinosaurid cannot say which genus it is from the Kem Kem

Yes it is from the Kem Kem, what genuses of Spinosaurid are usually found there?  Is it the Sigilmassaurus, Spinosaurus Aegyptiacus and any other genuses? 

From what I’ve read, there isn’t any way to tell the genus by the teeth, is that true? 

Depends what paleontologist you talk with.  A growing number say Sigilmassasaurus brevicollis and Spinosaurus sp.  Ibrahim says Spinosaurus aegyptiacus.  New discoveries are needed to validate what's valid along with all the other theropods. 

• I found this Informative 2