recommendation for northern nebraska

Adam Hess

Hi everyone.

Found this forum and gotta say -  I LOVE IT! I just started learning how to hunt last summer.

Anyways, I was gonna be in northwestern nebraska this weekend, and have been looking for places to fossil hunt. One place I saw was the badlands go into the northern part of nebraska near ashfall (which I guess you CANNOT collect it). I've been looking for a publically accesssible place to go to where it is allowed. Does anyone know a place they can recommend? I'm thinking just that general quadrant of the state or so for some mammal fossils.

Thanks

US BLM and US Forestry lands don't allow vertebrate collecting without a permit which you can only get with a huge amount of paperwork if you have a PHD and are associated with a Museum.  The rest is private property where you need owner permission to collect.  Owners typically have trespassers arrested.

The Heritage Ranch allows collectors for a fee.

https://ourheritageguestranch.com/activities/fossil-hunting/

Marco Sr.

"Any day that you can fossil hunt is a great day."

My family fossil website     Some Of My Shark, Ray, Fish And Other Micros     My Extant Shark Jaw Collection

image.png.9a941d70fb26446297dbc9dae7bae7ed.png image.png.41c8380882dac648c6131b5bc1377249.png

Hi, Adam. :)

Yes, I also saw that... Oh well... ;) 

Not looking forward to having another blizzard... Maybe it won't be as bad as what they say...

Not sure if this interests you or not, but there are quite a few nice museums around here. By the weekend the roads should be good enough to drive on. But who knows...

Cheers and Shalom,

-Micah