Twin Tipped Unknown

peacefossil

Pulled this one out of the peace as well. Small maybe the size of a dime. Enjoy! :wub:

post-505-12743985124875_thumb.jpg

post-505-12743985218644_thumb.jpg

Pulled this one out of the peace as well. Small maybe the size of a dime. Enjoy! :wub:

Pathological tooth (maybe because a trauma?)for sure!

I had not seen this one before. Have you managed to get back to the Peace? I went last week, found a neat little couple of million year old shrimp burrow made of sand grains, a mostly complete peccary canine, and a tapir tooth (below)..

As I look at the part of the tooth, not pathological, it seems most like Tiger Shark to me.

post-2220-12744565009109_thumb.jpg

The White Queen  ".... in her youth she could believe "six impossible things before breakfast"

Not made it back yet. Quite unfortunate as the levels are nice and low too. I would go this weekend, but family is in town. Fly out next week. If the levels are still low I can go June 6th. MSG me

Can't help with the ID but great tooth!

Of course the water level is lower -- we're not there!

Not made it back yet. Quite unfortunate as the levels are nice and low too. I would go this weekend, but family is in town. Fly out next week. If the levels are still low I can go June 6th. MSG me

I am trying to get there every chance I can (and still keep my job). The water levels are down a foot and clear to the bottom compared to the day we went.

I will likely be able to go June 6th and will msg you just before to check if you are still game. Here is a 1/2 inch odd broken tooth and I wondered if it is a small Meg. What do others think. It is serrated with a thick mouse ear type root.

Haddy, I hope you get back someday -- when the rain gods smile on you and the river is low and crystal clear...

post-2220-12744648495256_thumb.jpg

post-2220-12744648626277_thumb.jpg

The White Queen  ".... in her youth she could believe "six impossible things before breakfast"

I had not seen this one before. Have you managed to get back to the Peace? I went last week, found a neat little couple of million year old shrimp burrow made of sand grains, a mostly complete peccary canine, and a tapir tooth (below)..

As I look at the part of the tooth, not pathological, it seems most like Tiger Shark to me.

Sure would like to see that tooth in the top right of that picture. B)B)B):)

It's my bone!!!

Sure would like to see that tooth in the top right of that picture. B)B)B):)

My, my Grandmother, what sharp little eyes you have.

I did not think much of it because it was not a fossil, maybe a tusk?

post-2220-12744794300609_thumb.jpg

post-2220-12744794405227_thumb.jpg

I don't really know sharks (or teeth at all for that matter), but would genetics or congenital be a better possibility? Do teeth 'heal' as they continue to exist in the body after they are damaged.....sorry to be an idiot, but I just don't even know.

scale in avatar is millimeters

Come visit Sandi, the 'Fossil Journey Cruiser'

WIPS (the Western Interior Paleontological Society - http://www.westernpaleo.org)

"Being genetically cursed with an almost inhuman sense of curiosity and wonder, I'm hard-wired to investigate even the most unlikely, uninteresting (to others anyway) and irrelevant details; often asking hypothetical questions from many angles in an attempt to understand something more thoroughly."

-- Mr. Edonihce