Other Items found

Fosslized2023

I want to thank all of you for your time and knowledge.  This is a great site.  I have these other items I found at the river.  Any information you can give me would be greatly appreciated.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                       

P4080469.JPG

P4080470.JPG

P4080471.JPG

P4080472.JPG

P4080473.JPG

P4080474.JPG

A more specific location (what river?) would be helpful along with measurements on your finds.

Millers River in Massachusetts.  The odd stone, about 5x1 inch.  Arrow head 3x1/2 inch. Coral? 3x1inch.

The coral looks out of place there. I suspect it is a relatively recent coral that was left there by humans at some time.

2 hours ago, Fosslized2023 said:

Does anyone want to weigh in on the odd stone shaped item?

It's interesting for sure.  It reminds me of an adze, but I have not seen incised grooves on the working end before.  Maybe a specialized grindstone.

The dart point type could be a Vosburg.

• I Agree 1

The human mind has the ability to believe anything is true.  -  JJ

9 minutes ago, Fosslized2023 said:

Quite fascinating!  Do you think it is old?

Possibly, on the adze like stone.  Definitely regarding the dart point.

5 minutes ago, Fosslized2023 said:

Quite fascinating!  Do you think it is old?

They can still be knapped. It's hard to imagine anyone tossing  out a successful piece afterward though.

When I found it, it was just showing above the mud. The only reason I picked it up was because I saw the lines on it.  Who would have made such a tool?

3 minutes ago, Fosslized2023 said:

When I found it, it was just showing above the mud. The only reason I picked it up was because I saw the lines on it.  Who would have made such a tool?

Then, it's possibly Native American.  It's interesting enough you might show it to a local archeologist for further understanding.

• I found this Informative 1
  • I Agree 1

I sent a picture of it to one, and all they said was it was not a normal artifact. I thank you for your help. I guess this one remains unsolved.