Peace Pleistocene

Shellseeker

A couple of 1/2 inch shark teeth, wondering about specific shark. Then a more interesting one. I have found 3 of these between 1 and 2 inches. Each time I thought it was a tooth but it is not. It is also not a broken bone -- all 3 are complete and almost exact to each other.

I wondered about a claw core, but it is more likely a toe bone of some sort.. Guesses appreciated,

post-2220-12746770383973_thumb.jpg

post-2220-12746770470135_thumb.jpg

post-2220-1274677059799_thumb.jpg

post-2220-12746770792837_thumb.jpg

post-2220-12746770932115_thumb.jpg

The White Queen  ".... in her youth she could believe "six impossible things before breakfast"

This thread may help you with your mystery piece. ;)

The human mind has the ability to believe anything is true.  -  JJ

The teeth look like little posterior megs.

If you believe everything you read, perhaps it's time for you to stop reading...

The teeth look like little posterior megs.

Hawkeye, Thanks for the encouragement. The spot I am digging, I have found some larger Megs, so as I look at these I hope that they are small megs. I am starting to wonder if there are pictures of teeth around the jaws of a Meg , so that I can start recognizing and placing individual teeth.

JohnJ -- Thanks for the pointer -- Missouri to Florida -- hoof core!!!

The White Queen  ".... in her youth she could believe "six impossible things before breakfast"

Hawkeye, Thanks for the encouragement. The spot I am digging, I have found some larger Megs, so as I look at these I hope that they are small megs. I am starting to wonder if there are pictures of teeth around the jaws of a Meg , so that I can start recognizing and placing individual teeth.

On elasmo.com under Lee Creek/fauna/other sharks scroll down and you will see a layout for a megalodon jaw from the Hubbell collection.

If you believe everything you read, perhaps it's time for you to stop reading...

Archived