Tooth Id Needed

ozzyrules244

this one has me confused it has some features of Isurus Planus and some of a lower Isurus hastalis blade is too skinny for the planus but it has the hook and root feature any ideas on what exactly it is ??? Im pushing in the direction of Hastalis lol oh yea almost forgot it's from the pungo river formation at aurora n.c. post-2185-12747552689593_thumb.jpgpost-2185-12747552816873_thumb.jpg

"Not everything that counts can be counted, and not everything that can be counted counts." Albert Einstein

this one has me confused it has some features of Isurus Planus and some of a lower Isurus hastalis blade is too skinny for the planus but it has the hook and root feature any ideas on what exactly it is ??? Im pushing in the direction of Hastalis lol oh yea almost forgot it's from the pungo river formation at aurora n.c. post-2185-12747552689593_thumb.jpgpost-2185-12747552816873_thumb.jpg

Looks like a short fin mako to me ;)

The soul of a Fossil Hunter is one that is seeking, always.

Looks like a short fin mako to me ;)

Is that I. oxyrinchus or I. desori?

CBK

I agree, it's a short-fin mako. It seems that there's some debate among the experts as to whether it's the extinct form (I. desori) or the extant I. oxyrhinchus

There's no limit to what you can accomplish when you're supposed to be doing something else

Thanks I have never found one of these teeth before and it had me a little confused lol I will post my finds later today from yesterdays trip to GMR and Aurora WOOHOO FOUND MY FIRST AURORA MEG

"Not everything that counts can be counted, and not everything that can be counted counts." Albert Einstein

Teeth for comparison:

post-42-12748006435613_thumb.jpgpost-42-1274800739976_thumb.jpg

Thanks all i really appreciate the knowledge now i can put it in the ryker with its new label

Archived