From Oklahoma, Pennsylvanian, 6 sided

rwise

Found in Southern Oklahoma among other Pennsylvanian fossils, crinoids, brachiopods, etc.   Specimen is .5cm across. 6 sided.  Looking for help with ID.

IMG_0915.jpg.13102a73700c077090752a6be224f299.jpgIMG_0914.jpg.d75030d933090b004b0bfa05758ffe7f.jpg

• Enjoyed 1

Thanks for your help in advance.

I'm not too sure, but I feel like my best guess is it might be a type of blastoid? Maybe someone else has a better idea.

It's an osteoderm from an armadillo. Probably recent given the marine nature of the fossils you're finding.

• I found this Informative 4
  • Enjoyed 1
  • I Agree 1

Think you got it.......just looked up osteoderm for armadillo and looks like a match.....thanks for the ID...

• I Agree 1

Thanks for your help in advance.

2 hours ago, rwise said:

Found in Southern Oklahoma among other Pennsylvanian fossils, crinoids, brachiopods, etc.   Specimen is .5cm across. 6 sided.  Looking for help with ID.

IMG_0915.jpg.13102a73700c077090752a6be224f299.jpgIMG_0914.jpg.d75030d933090b004b0bfa05758ffe7f.jpg

@rwise Nice find!!! Definitely an Echinoderm of some kind! Could be a type of Crinoid?

This link might be helpful in identifying the specimen.

https://digital.lib.uiowa.edu/islandora/object/ui%3Apaleo

Hope this helps!

1 hour ago, rwise said:

Think you got it.......just looked up osteoderm for armadillo and looks like a match.....thanks for the ID...

@rwise Your right. My bad.

@rwise Armadillo osteoderms do look very similar at times to crinoid bits! Good job on the ID dude!!