My daughter and I’s “make a shark tooth display” craft day

Rock36

So today was a long day in the making, but it was “make a shark tooth display” craft day for my 15-year-old daughter and I.  We both dive for teeth together, but all these were purchased (most from places or depths I don’t want her diving at).  Shells were some that we collected from Sanibel Island years ago.  My daughter was giggly about it the whole time and after a few iterations here are the results.  We do have a couple more teeth coming that will finish it off.

For the big Meg, I drilled a hole in a piece of Colorado petrified wood that we collected together and put in the Meg holder.  That post is still setting so can’t use just yet, but posted a picture of it without the tooth in it.

IMG_5590.jpeg

IMG_5591.jpeg

IMG_5595.jpeg

IMG_5594.jpeg

IMG_5593.jpeg

IMG_5596.jpeg

• Enjoyed 10

@Rock36 I must say that display looks pretty awesome (I love how you add the species name for each shark tooth in the display case)!!!:thumbsu:

• Thank You 1

Yes, very nice!

• Thank You 1
  • I Agree 2

Fin Lover

image.png.e69a5608098eeb4cd7d1fc5feb4dad1e.png image.png.e6c66193c1b85b1b775526eb958f72df.png

image.png.7cefa5ccc279142681efa4b7984dc6cb.png

My favorite things about fossil hunting: getting out of my own head, getting into nature and, if I’m lucky, finding some cool souvenirs.

Very cool project.  It's so easy to enjoy and pursue, a shark tooth collection.

Gorgeous display nice work  . It has inspired me to refresh my shark tooth display. 

Riker mounts work so well for teeth displays. Well done! :thumbsu:

The good thing about science is that it's true whether or not you believe in it.  -Neil deGrasse Tyson

Everyone you will ever meet knows something you don't. -Bill Nye (The Science Guy)