Pennsylvanian Trace Fossils from Naco Formation

DPS Ammonite

Please help ID these Pennsylvanian Naco Formation trace fossils from central Arizona.

Help Chris. @Arizona Chris

2C57B061-C4DE-4644-9406-0B013C2516C6.jpeg
Are the 1 cm wide chevron tracts in photo 3 Cruziana from trilobites?

DD1DCF7D-6572-44CD-8675-ACC8415C3DB5.jpeg

What are the 2.5 - 3 cm long teardrop shaped features in photos 1 and 2?

F3337C3A-FBE7-4241-9F4C-9BD480982FD5.jpeg

What are the 2.5 - 3 cm long teardrop shaped features in photos 1 and 2?

FDC7C8BE-140D-4334-8F02-7BB04BF80A6C.thumb.jpeg.0b60452980ef56963390ff42b2b5cefb.jpeg

What are the elongated traces 3.5 to 4.5 cm long with length parallel marks in photo 4? From crustaceans?

Edited by DPS Ammonite

My goal is to leave no stone or fossil unturned.   

See my Arizona Paleontology Guide    link  The best single resource for Arizona paleontology anywhere.       

In the first image, the track like trails are Scolicia, we find them quite often in the Naco. most likely large gastropod trails.   I dont think the round lumps in the 2nd or third shots are trace fossils.  In the 4th image, we have seen clusters of these again in the Naco, I belive they are called Asterosoma.  

• I found this Informative 1

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Arizona Chris

Paleo Web Site:  http://schursastrophotography.com/fossiladventures.html

9 minutes ago, Arizona Chris said:

In the first image, the track like trails are Scolicia, we find them quite often in the Naco. most likely large gastropod trails.   I dont think the round lumps in the 2nd or third shots are trace fossils.  In the 4th image, we have seen clusters of these again in the Naco, I belive they are called Asterosoma.  

Thanks Chris.

My goal is to leave no stone or fossil unturned.   

See my Arizona Paleontology Guide    link  The best single resource for Arizona paleontology anywhere.