Cut & Polished Petrified Wood from Madagascar

Rock Hound

5" x 7" x 9/16" Thick Slab, polished on both sides:

20230513_183001_(1).jpg

20230513_183737_(1).jpg

Edited by Rock Hound
  • Enjoyed 1

Beautiful piece. I am a fan of polished pet wood, I have a few pieces myself. Cheers Bobby 

40 minutes ago, Bobby Rico said:

Beautiful piece. I am a fan of polished pet wood, I have a few pieces myself. Cheers Bobby 

A fossil, and a colorful mineral specimen; all in one.  The best of both worlds.

• Enjoyed 1

Really nice piece.  For me, the true beauty of petrified wood can only be seen in close-up pictures.  The below TFF link has close-up pictures of a few pieces of petrified wood from my collection.

'Marco Sr.

"Any day that you can fossil hunt is a great day."

My family fossil website     Some Of My Shark, Ray, Fish And Other Micros     My Extant Shark Jaw Collection

image.png.9a941d70fb26446297dbc9dae7bae7ed.png image.png.41c8380882dac648c6131b5bc1377249.png

Beautiful specimens. :b_love1:

The good thing about science is that it's true whether or not you believe in it.  -Neil deGrasse Tyson

Everyone you will ever meet knows something you don't. -Bill Nye (The Science Guy)

3 hours ago, Rock Hound said:

A fossil, and a colorful mineral specimen; all in one.  The best of both worlds.

Like @MarcoSr said close up you’re be amazed. It you have a clip on macro lens Phone give it a spin. Cheers Bobby 

5 hours ago, MarcoSr said:

Really nice piece.  For me, the true beauty of petrified wood can only be seen in close-up pictures.  The below TFF link has close-up pictures of a few pieces of petrified wood from my collection.

'Marco Sr.

Thank you.  I enjoyed looking through that thread.  Nice specimens.

• Thank You 1

I have a few of these pieces of Triassic Madagascan wood 

IMG_0372.jpeg

• Enjoyed 1

MOTM.png.61350469b02f439fd4d5d77c2c69da85.png.a47e14d65deb3f8b242019b3a81d8160.png MotM August 2023 - Eclectic Collector