My "small" collection - microfossil ID

JacksonFarmer

My small collection - not sure how to even begin to identify these. 

These all came from seiving about 3 gallons of gravel from the Eastern portion of the NSR. Any help on identifying these would be greatly appreciated!

20230518_174052.jpg

20230518_174049.jpg

20230518_174044.jpg

20230518_174035.jpg

• Enjoyed 1

you've definitely found some good stuff- in order to help us help you...please number or letter the individual fossils. It's impossible to say third fossil from the left slightly above the other one. They are too randomly distributed. 

I realize that some are unidentifiable either because my camera or because the specimen is just a fragment of some tooth. So I didn't label every single one.

Also tooth 1 (number) is the same as tooth I (letter). 

Thank you!

Edited by JacksonFarmer

Just IDing as I see them in no particular order off the top of my head:

9 = Hadrodus priscus (bony fish pharyngeal tooth)

4 = Enchodus (bony fish fang and jaw frag)

5 = More Enchodus

A, B, C, G, and most of the other sharks = Carcharias samhammeri perhaps. Maybe a different Carcharias species depending if striations are present.

If you look at the Ozan album I have posted on my profile, you might get some more ideas on what species are present in the NSR. This will be extra helpful for when you come across something weird like a cat shark tooth or sawfish rostral in the future while micro hunting.

Oh yeah and welcome to the forum!

Thanks again!

Do you have any recommendations for a camera app or something I can use to get a clearer macro photo of the Echinoderm?

Instead of echinoderm I’d guess Coral for #6. Not a lot known from the interior Cretaceous seaway. Might be a Micrabacia sp., they’re one of the few that crop up now and then. Can we see the other side?

13 hours ago, JacksonFarmer said:

Much better view:

Polish_20230519_164209490.jpg

Yeah, this looks like a Micrabacia sp.