Is this skin of a reptile head in burmite?

jikohr

Hi everyone!

So, yeah is this what it looks like? And if it is can it be narrowed down beyond reptile to lizard, snake, or something else? The piece is burmite so about 99 million years old from Myanmar and measures 12.45 mm across. The inclusion is 8.65 mm long and the "eye" is 1.25 mm.

Any insight is appreciated as always!

lizard 4.jpg

lizard 2.jpg

lizard 3.jpg

lizard 6.jpg

lizard 5.jpg

lizard 1.jpg

When I first looked it a pinecone seed pod jumped out.  Far far from an expert but will be curious what experts say, interesting specimen

18 minutes ago, Troodon said:

When I first looked it a pinecone seed pod jumped out.  Far far from an expert but will be curious what experts say, interesting specimen

That, would be hilarious. I mean, I know pareidolia is a thing but, that would be something else.

I took a side shot to try and add some perspective. The inclusion is 2 dimensional and kind of wavy almost like a little piece of paper. The eye/seed/ whatever is on the part on the right side.

lizard 7a.jpg

The pattern seems to persist beneath the 'eye'.

The human mind has the ability to believe anything is true.  -  JJ

I think the “eye” is an optical illusion. If you blow it up its transparent and you can see the pattern through parts of it. I think it’s a bubble with debris in it. 
as to the rest of it? I don’t know. But i’m with troodon it reminds me of some kind of seed pod. They look like little hollows or divits to me like on a golf ball. Not like scales…

Edited by Randyw

2 hours ago, JohnJ said:

The pattern seems to persist beneath the 'eye'.

1 hour ago, Randyw said:

I think the “eye” is an optical illusion. If you blow it up its transparent and you can see the pattern through parts of it. I think it’s a bubble with debris in it. 
as to the rest of it? I don’t know. But i’m with troodon it reminds me of some kind of seed pod. They look like little hollows or divits to me like on a golf ball. Not like scales…

The pattern does go under that now that I look at it...

Wow, that is wild! What a spot for that bubble or whatever it is to be!

• I found this Informative 1

"I am glad I shall never be young without wild country to be young in. Of what avail are forty freedoms without a blank spot on the map?"  ~Aldo Leopold (1887-1948) 

New Mexico Museum of Natural History Bulletins    

point.thumb.jpg.e8c20b9cd1882c9813380ade830e1f32.jpg research.jpg.932a4c776c9696d3cf6133084c2d9a84.jpg  RPV.jpg.d17a6f3deca931bfdce34e2a5f29511d.jpg  SJB.jpg.f032e0b315b0e335acf103408a762803.jpg  butterfly.jpg.71c7cc456dfbbae76f15995f00b221ff.jpg  Htoad.jpg.3d40423ae4f226cfcc7e0aba3b331565.jpg  library.jpg.56c23fbd183a19af79384c4b8c431757.jpg  OIP.jpg.163d5efffd320f70f956e9a53f9cd7db.jpg